Setup Kundera with standalone Cassandra
by Vivek Mishra
Setup Kundera with standalone Cassandra:
Note: Currently Kundera supports Cassandra 0.8.2. You can download Cassandra releases from here.
1) Setup an environment variable “CASSANDRA_HOME” to Cassandra home directory (e.g. D:\vivek\source\cassandra-0.8.2)
2) Download Kundera configurator from here
3) Change to the directory where this jar file is saved and run the below command:
java -jar kunderaConfigurator.jar
You’ll see an output similar to the one shown below:
4) In case you want to use Kundera executable to develop your application, you can download it from here. (Else you can build Kundera-2.0.3 source code for the same).
5) You need to add “log4j-server.properties”, as unfortunately Cassandra release is not able to locate this file internally within executable jar. (You can find this file /src/main/resources)So you need to put this as follows:
6) Modify your persistence.xml to include
<property name=“server.config” value=“$CASSANDRA_HOME/conf/cassandra.yaml”/>
Replace $CASSANDRA_HOME -> your cassandra root directory folder.
And that’s it. Enjoy working with Kundera